Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 2, Changed Perspective

Yesterday evening I went to my Work Christmas party. I ate more than I should :( But that's not what's on my mind.

While at the party there was this girl who got up on stage to do Karokee. I didn't know who she was, but she had the biggest most beautiful smile and was so bubbly and I just felt like she was the happiest girl in the room. BUT, she was at least 30lbs over weight. How can that be????  She also stuffed her self into a dress that was too small and too revealing, BUT she owned it. She walked around like she didn't care what others thought (in a good way) and that she loved herself. I asked myself why can't I be like that. Why can't I just own what I have and love it. This girl really had me confused. Should I just love what I have and not care that I have to buy the next jean size up? Should I be OK with the rolls that have formed around my waist?

I think the answer lies somewhere in between. I think that I need to spend less time trying to lose weight and spend more time learning how to eat better and exercise to stay healthy and strong AND to learn to love myself the way I am. I need to feel sexy in my own skin, in my own way.

This won't be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers