Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 5 Why did I step on the scale?

Sorry I missed Day 4, way too busy with Christmas shopping, work and binging.

So I decided to step on the scale this morning. How bad could it be? I haven't weighed myself in about a week, I couldn't have gained that much, right? Right? I closed my eyes, stepped onto the scale and held my breath. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down. GASP! I had gained 3 pounds since last weigh in! How could this be?? How can I gain 3 pounds in a week? Was it really just a week ago I weighed myself or was that a falsification to make myself feel better? Who needed a scale anyway right? Aren't we suppose to judge our weight by how our clothes fit? (Come to think about it my paints at the Christmas party were a little tight and yesterday as I was trying on a shirt my muffin top was showing)

WHAM! I think reality just hit me in the face. I thought I wasn't going to be on a diet during the Holidays, turns out I was on a See food diet (I know bad joke).

Looking back on the last few days it appears I haven't over eaten, but ate very poorly. I had consumed quite a few empty calories, but really hadn't consumed that much food. Let's look at yesterday.

Breakfast: Frosted doughnut
Snack: Cherry tomatoes
Snack: 2 hershey minatures
Snack: 2 hand fulls of peanuts
Lunch: Salad with, tomatoes, banana peppers and blue cheese dressing
Dinner: Chick-Fil-A chicken salad sandwich, 2 waffle fries (gave the rest to Tori)
Snack: Cheddar cheese, 2 diet hot chocolates with Coconut Rum (Don't knock it till you try it).

Doesn't look all that bad. Right? Well I did my best to add it up and came up with over 1700 calories. Which doesn't sound too bad, but I really think it was much higher than that. I slathered my salad with Blue cheese dressing and estimated it at 400 calories, but I think it was much worse. Also, I didn't work out yesterday or the day before so 2 X marks for me.

The bottom line is my pants are too tight, I weighed 134 on the scale and I am making poor food choices.

How do I expect not to gain any weight during the Holidays if I can't get my eating habits under control??? It's just going to get worse. I go to my In-laws this weekend and then my Photo Club Christmas dinner on Monday, not to mention Christmas and New Years. ARRGGHHH!

OK, I have to calm down and take this one meal at a time.

I WILL eat what I like in small portions
I WILL make 2/3rd of my plate vegetables.
I WILL work out 5 days a week.
I WILL NOT pig out.
I WILL limit alcohol consumption

 I WILL BE HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers