Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 3 What not to Wear

You ever watch that show "What not to Wear" and they show the before pictures....Sometimes I'm that girl. It's not that I don't know how to dress (I own so may fashion magazines I should know better). I think it's more complicated than that (After 3 days of blogs I'm getting the feeling I'm a pretty complicated person). I think it comes down to these problems:
1. All sizes are not created equal.
I mean really, I was trying on black pants at Cato. I tried on several different styles of size 6 and 8s and none of them fit right. And all the pants of the same size didn't fit the same, go figure???
2. Where do you find clothes for women in their 30s 40s (yes I'm pushing 40)?
In all the stores I go to the styles are either for teens (skinny jeans, small T-shirts, etc.) or old ladies (spandex stretch pants, big sweaters, poly shirts).
3. Clothes cost too much.
I try to be frugal and shop at TJ Max and Ross, but those clothes are there for a reason....No one wanted to pay full price for them. So I end up buying clothes that don't fit quite right or are just too young looking.

So....What to do, What to do?
I think it might come down to buying less clothes that cost more, that come from better quality stores :(

I guess more is not always better in the fashion world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers